Monday, August 3, 2015

I will never forget you, Sweden. (8/3/15)





















To explain what the last few days are like as a missionaries, it is almost surreal. I would say that it is mostly reflection of what the rest of your missions had been. It happens almost daily that you realized something new that shortly you will have to live without. Sweden is the greatest, I feel honored to be able to call this place my home. Some of the most important people of my life live here, and also those that have impacted me the most. 

#Farnworth #Blackbjörn
This week wasn't different than the last few weeks we have had. We work so hard and we were busy! It was insane. I loved it. I went on splits with Elder Blackburn, it was probably the funniest splits of my mission. Seriously, we had a blast! We spent the entire time with the sisters visiting people, we took a train ride to Värnamo to visit Carina the first day, it was super cool. I love meeting and teaching with her! The second day was the adventure day, we went out to the island to visit and less active family. We messed up with the boat time so we ended up being there about 2 hours early. The whole island is just a tourist location. The house are deep into the island, so just looked around. Took some really awesome picture I will have to send a few! 

But overall it was a great couple of last days, I have had some friends and people I have worked with before coming to Jönköping before I leave. That seriously has meant so much to me. It is amazing how much of an impact one can have on so many people! Ottilia came on Wednesday and that was completely awesome!! 

This man is an amazing guy!
Saturday was a really really good day! We had  a baptism here in Jönköping!! How coo is that? It was someone that the sisters were working with, Dudas is his name. The cool part is that he asked me to baptize him!! It was a perfect way to end! I felt so honored to be able to do that for him! It amazes me the faith that people have, he is such an example of honest desires to follow Jesus Christ. It was a very special experience. 

Pre-baptizing Selfe
#soneeded
Nothing can contain us..
Sunday was just a weird day. I'll be honest, my least favorite part of my mission is the goodbyes. At the same time, I so grateful that there are so many people that I hate saying goodbye too! It is tough but it really shows how lucky I am. Well the Jönköping ward is awesome, they were all tough to say goodbye to. Just as I thought I was close to be done, making it through without getting to emotional, I have this little boy from the Salo family run up to me and grab my leg. He is in tears and he mumbles that he doesn't want me to leave. He got me there! We then had dinner at Christoffer and Carro Rönndahls house! Is was so nice and perfect I love them!


We are all kings and queens.
My mission has changed me, that is something that is clear. I am not the person I was, not at all. I am so much better. Last week, in district meeting, we talking about the chapter in Alma. Where he talks about being boastful in the Lord. That is exactly how I feel. I am boastful in who I have become, but not through my own effort but rather the efforts of the Lord. He has changed me and made me the person I am. It wasn't always easy and not always super fun, but looking back now. I am SO happy he did it.  I love my mission, I love everything that has happened. I found this poem: I love it so much!

I want to thank everyone who has played a role in where I am now, it was The Lord directing my change but he used so many amazing people! I have had the chance to create friendship that not even 5000 miles can separate. Both members and missionaries, I am thankful for you all. I hope that you all know that I am eternally grateful for you all! I love you and I will never forget you, Sweden. 

I am so excited to come home and see all the family and friends. I am so blessed to have so many to come home to! I love you all!

Äldste Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment