Monday, November 25, 2013

THIS week was the best week...

I know that I say this a lot but THIS week was the best week of my Mission/Life. So much happened and I feel so blessed. It is truly amazing to feel the help of the Lord in everything I do. 

It all started out with the coolest P day ever! We went up to this castle. It was so much fun. Since Elder Tietjen is leaving we took some family picture and honestly they turned out so cool. I will be sending some pictures so look for those! We went to the castle and the sad part is that it was closed. But because of bus times we had no choice but to find something to do for about 5 hours. It was freezing but we had a blast. We took a trip around the outside of the castle and seriously we saw the best view ever! It was a huge lake, and there were big rocks on the shore so when the water would hit them it sounded like the ocean! So I went and found a flat rock and closed my eyes and pretended I was in California. It was a little hard because it was about 5 degrees, but it was still amazing. Then we got so cold we walked to the lodge and just played cards and talked for hours. It was so much fun! I really loved it. So there you go! My week was already amazing and that was only P day!! 

So this week with investigators has been amazing. We have these two new investigators that are starting to get interested. They are the nicest people ever. The mother of one is an active member so we went over for dinner and we introduced the Book of Mormon and it just went so good! They were so nice, the lesson was in Swedish but when they drove us to the bus stop they switched and knew perfect English so I was really able to get to know him. He is probably the nicest guy ever. Quick story about him. He got his driver’s license and not 6 hours later he was hit by a car and it messed up the whole left side of his body. But he has such an incredible attitude about it. He was just happy to be alive and that it didn't affect his whole body! How amazing? He was a super example to me. I really learned so much and I am supposed to be teaching him! So that was just an amazing day.

Onto Wednesday and it was super sweet!  We went to the local high school here and just talked about the United States. They like missionaries from the States to come, so the students can hear what American English sounds like. So we just went and talked and it was the best! We talked to so many people about the gospel. Sometime there were some girls that you could tell were trying to take pictures so I just told them if anyone wanted a picture we could take some after, and it was funny there were quite a few girls that asked for them. I was definitely okay with it. I really felt like the hot shot, probably not the best thing for my ego but hey whatever I loved it. So we did that most of the day and really actually got some promising referrals from it. We are going back on Thursday of this week and the next week so it really is something I am very excited about. Oh and we had a youth of our branch text us in the middle of the day and he said something like "I open up my Instagram and you guys are on my news feed! What are you guys doing?" So we called him and some of the girls put the pictures with us on there so check it out! SO that was my high school adventure. 

That night was the start of the best thing that happened this week though! We got a call from the Branch President’s wife and she told us that she had a friend that she wanted us to meet with. We were very willing to meet because we have been pushing Member Missionary work and how it really is the most effective way to find people. So we set up the time for the next morning and we met and it was amazing. We talked about the Book of Mormon and she just said that she has been searching and searching for God and she never found a religion that she wanted so she just stopped looking and focused on what kind of person she was. So we were talking and she was really just taking in everything we were saying and I really felt prompted to asked her to be baptized. I didn't want to at first because it was the first lesson and stuff. The Spirit again then told me to ask her so I did. She told us that she was going out to Germany to visit her brother on the 11th of December.  I figured that was her way of saying no. Then she said "So I would like to do it before then!" I was like whhhhaat?!  It was amazing. The Spirit is amazing. I really don't think that she went into that lesson wanting baptism but I know that the Spirit told her that this is true! The Spirit is so important! I cannot do anything without it! So she is going to be baptized on the 7th! We met again on Saturday and she came to church on Sunday! She is so great! I really have gained a testimony that the Lord is preparing the hearts of the people out here. All I have to do is be worthy of them and work hard to find them and the Spirit is really the one who teach them. It is amazing! I just thank my Heavenly Father every single day that He has allowed me to be a tool in His hand. It’s such a blessing. 

On Thursday we had Zone Training and it was so good. We had all the southern zone come to it. So I was able to see a ton of the people from my MTC group and it was a lot of fun. They have all changed so much! All for the better. I really like catching up with them. Natalie was right when she told me that they would become like my friends from home. It was really good to see them, I had an interview with the mission president and that went really good. I was able to tell him about the amazing week we had had. I really just was so happy.

Then I had a ROADTRIP because of the doctor appointment we had the next morning in Stockholm for my companions shoulder. We drove the 5 hour trip from Göteborg to Stockholm. It was super sweet! I loved it. I really got to know the assistants to the President and they are really cool. Yeah and then we had an awesome time at church and I really loved it all. I have been starting to teach myself the piano as well. So I can play a few hymns. With my right hand and I am in process of doing the left hand. I also have God be with you til' we meet again. I figured I could learn that then come home and play it at Jacob's farewell and make everyone cry.

Okay now for some shout outs: Thank you so much to Natalie for the awesome quotes.  I am also so glad to hear that Patrick was not affected by all the craziness and tell him and his family that they are in my prayers always! Thanks so much for all the people that are praying for me. I really feel Christ in everyday of my mission. I am so grateful to be out here and so glad that I can serve the people of Sweden. I have learned in the last week that with the Lord nothing is impossible. We can do all things. I am so grateful for Him in my life. We are never alone and we never will be. I know that with all my heart. When we call upon the Lord in times of need the blessing and help He gives are real. I have seen them and I have a strong testimony that you can all see them too. He is real and He is ready to change all the lives that He can. 

I love you and hope the best for all of you!

Äldste Farnworth 

Just more of my family. We are a unique group, But I love them! 

Me, Elder Tietjen and Sister Wilhite. This picture needs no caption. 

This is the windmill that we saw we actually went inside. It was very very cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment