Sunday, December 1, 2013

This Is The Lord's Work

Well this week again was amazing. The Lord is just blessing us so much here in Skövde. The work is picking up and I know I sound like a broken record but it is so amazing! It is starting to get COLD. We woke up on Wednesday to SNOW. It wasn't so bad though, just like -5 degrees and lightly snowing. It was cold and it snowed all day. I decided that I will be getting my coat. Next p-day we are having a big shopping day with a bunch of missionaries so I think I will get it then. So that means I just have to make it through this week! 

This last p-day was tons of fun. We went down to Göteborg and hung out with a couple of Young Single Adults from the ward there, as well as other missionaries. We went bowling and that was a ton of fun. I did terrible as usual but hey, I had a good time. Then we went to a candy store like a huge store. The way you buy most candy here is you get a scoop and a paper bag. Then they just have a bucket from the ceiling to the roof full of candy and you just scoop up what you want and then pay based on the weight. It can be pretty dangerous. I did really good and didn't spend that much. It was a short p-day but really a ton of fun.

God must be blessing us spiritually because it is so cold or something because this week was so cool. We have another investigator who wanted to set a baptismal date! She is like the coolest investigator ever. I really love her, she is just so happy every time we meet with her. Setting a date with her has been something that we have been pushing for some time. She was heavily addiction to smoking. But she stopped smoking and now is sort of addicted to Nicotine gum. She has so much faith though it is unreal. I learn so much from her. I really want to know how I can help her but addiction is such an internal battle. She finally came to church yesterday so I am so excited about that! She is just so amazing and really progressing so much. I told her no matter whether I am serving in this area in January or not I will be at her baptism. She has a member of the ward who introduced us and he has helped us teach all the lessons to her so she asked him to baptize her! We are just so happy for the experience we have had with her. 

The investigator I talked about last week with the baptismal date is also doing very good. We had plans to teach her the Plan of Salvation and when we got to the earth life part of it we talked about the 10 commandments and ended up talking about the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. It was so amazing! We cleaned the baptismal font on Saturday and I'll just be honest it was so fun and got me so excited! Anyway I can work baptism into a conversation or lesson with everyone we meet with I do. 

We went to the school again and this time I got a few pictures with the classes we taught. I figured you guys would want some picture of the Swedes! That was so much fun once again. It is so effective for missionary work too! It is so relaxed and more people talk to us about the Gospel. It is just an overall great thing. 

Well this next week is going to be amazing as well! We have such a strong week planned and I am so excited. I really love it here. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. This is the Lord’s work and it is so important! I love that I am able to be a part of it. I love what the Lord is doing with me and I love the person that I am becoming. Thank you all for everything that you are doing to help me be here. I am so grateful for my amazing family and how much they have done and are doing. I know I wouldn't be here without them. I am also thankful for my Heavenly Father and how clear he has made it to me that he knows me by name and is watching out for me. He is very aware of all of us and our struggles in life. Sometimes it is hard to see that but I know that everything we do in this life is for a purpose to make us stronger! I have had a lot of hard days out here but I know they have prepared me for the miracle I am seeing. I love this church and can't even think of my life without it. I love the Lord and what he does for me. I am so happy and grateful!!

Äldste Farnworth




No comments:

Post a Comment