Sunday, December 8, 2013

My First Baptism!

This week is just a blessing all together. We finished teaching Pouyeh all the lesson and she is so ready for her baptism on Saturday! She is so excited but I don't know who is more excited, me or her. Just kidding of course it's me.. haha But seriously it amazing when we talk about it it's so spiritual, I am always nervous to bring it up because I don't want her to say that it is too soon and she isn't wanting it any more, which is terrible faith. But when I asked her how she was feeling she gave the most beautiful answer about how she was so excited to be pure and most of all she was just excited to make those promises with God to follow and always remember him. Her emotions are so strong and I get to feel them through her. I am able to see how I felt when I was baptized. I can't believe I am lucky enough to be a role in this. I have been feeling the spirit so strong lately. I have felt it my whole mission but in this last week we have had a few slow days, a few investigators have canceled and we are just struggling with those kind of things. However, I know that the Lord is still very much with me and it helping me with everything that he knows I need.

Well it is safe to say that Thanksgiving in Sweden is nothing special. I didn't even get turkey but I am in Sweden so it is still pretty cool! We went to the high school that morning and spent most of the day there. One of the teachers there was born in USA in Washington so we were able to talk about how we miss Thanksgiving but it was just fun to talk to another American that isn't a missionary! It is super fun! I love her, so much energy, I'll be honest at the moment I missed all of you loud outspoken Americans. Swedes just keep to themselves and are very quiet.. I like that too though! 

So funny story: In the middle of the class we were teaching we get the call that no one wants to get... It was President Newell. I would compare the feeling to getting a call from you Mom and you just like mentally go through everything that she might be calling to get mad at you for. So my first thought was transfer. But lucky enough it was just a call tell us that he would be passing through Skövde that night and would love to interview and talk with us! So my nerves were calmed. The interview went so well, it was like talking to my Dad! I really loved it and I am so grateful that I have him as my mission president. 

Well the weather is officially no longer jumping up and down... it is just COLD. It reminds me a lot of the walk-in freezer at Brick Oven, when I would go in there I always had the quick thought of "What would happen if I got locked in here?" In Sweden, my question was answered. Here I feel like I am locked in a big walk-in freezer and on the plus side I can't understand what everyone is saying to me. Okay, maybe I am being a little dramatic and such but still just understand that it is so cold. It snowed once but then it all melted and so I can't wait for it to snow again. I was talking with this girl on the bus this morning and she made a good point. She said she wants snow and I asked why in the world she would want that, she answered that if it's going to be cold, it might as well be cool looking with snow. It was a good point. Today I will be making the big coat purchase and I have to be honest I am really excited Swedish coats are the real deal and they are WARM. Plus I will look more Swedish so win-win! 

Well this one is a little shorter this week. Sorry I don't have to much time. But I just wanted to leave a short message of what I learned this week. I have seen my prayers answered with Pouyeh's bapitsm. I really can say that I know that God is real and that he is listening to us every time we come to him. No matter how big or small our needs are God listen to them all the same. He loves us and wants to hear from us. I compare it to me and how badly I want to talk with my family while I am out here, I miss them so much and look forward to emailing them every Monday and I am sure that God looks forward to hearing from us so much more than we can even understand. He wants nothing more than to hear our prayers and to help us come closer to Him. We may not always see that with everything else in our lives, but I have a strong testimony that whether it is what we want or what we need, God knows and he is there.

I love you so much. Thank you so much for the chance I have to be out here. It is THE biggest blessing in my life. I have never felt the spirit so strong and I have never been able to see people the way the Lord see them and out here I think he has blessed me with that blessing of seeing them partly how he see us. It is amazing and everyone has so much potential. Love everyone and be nice. I love you and am praying from you all daily. You have someone in Sweden rooting for you, always remember that. 


Äldste Farnworth


This is just funny. I ordered more name tags through the office and when they came they said "Farnsworth" I called and gave them such a hard time for it. So when we ordered train tickets to Stockholm this is how they spelled my name! "Kaleb Farn No-S Worth"
Me in my new Helly Hansen. That I have had for like 2 hours and I love it. 
Everything I will need to make it through the winter! 
We don't get sunset much in Sweden (mainly because there is no sun)
But when we do it is beautiful. This is at the train station!


The best Swedish class we have had! The students were so nice! I really love doing these! 





No comments:

Post a Comment