Monday, December 16, 2013

We Had A Baptism!

This week was amazing. How could it not be? WE HAD A BAPTISM! The baptism was probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. The Spirit was SO strong the entire time. The day was really stressful of course, we had to make two desserts and set it all up, but the second that the meeting started all I could feel was peace and happiness. It was so amazing. We had the member that introduced us to her give a small talk about the importance of baptism and she was just so awesome. Her testimony was so strong and she really was very emotional and happy about what was happening. After she spoke her daughter (who is like 9) sang I Am a Child of God, and she sang with the sister missionaries in our District. They are so awesome, the girl didn't want to sing alone so I volunteered Sister Vaarola and Wilhite to sing and they were totally fine with it. They sang it in Swedish and then when they were finished they switched to English, and sang it again. I was not expecting it. I didn't know that this little girl knew English too! The Spirit was so strong. Pretty much just the greatest day of my life. Then we had the actual baptism and that was just amazing! She is from Iran so her last name is a little crazy so I was super nervous that I would say it wrong. But I prayed and it all went smoothly! It was unreal. Words can't really describe the feeling that I had. Just like 100% pure joy and bliss. That still doesn't do it justice. It's a happiness that I have never felt before. Like a whole new kind. So amazing. I was so blessed to be a part of that process. 

The rest of the week was really great too! We had transfers calls come and both Elder Olson and I are staying in Skövde for Christmas. They only moved the missionaries that they had to in order to support the new missionaries coming in. So the transfer was small. However, there is going to be a bigger transfer right after Christmas on the 30th. So I don't think we will remain unaffected by that one. Elder Olson has been in Skövde for like 5 months so we are pretty sure that he will be going then. It's pretty unlikely that we will both stay.

Christmas in Swedish is Jul so to say Christmas in Skövde you say "Jul i Skövde" I am so excited. I can't believe that I will be talking in 9 days! Crazy! I feel like it was just Thanksgiving. But that is how it goes. The time is just flying. This Thursday is going to be my 4 MONTH mark. Four months... I can't even start to think about that. I feel like I am been here for like a month... maybe.. Not 4 months. I really love it so much. It's funny before I came I felt like two years was going to be forever. I can say that now. But honestly I feel like now, two years is nothing. I really just feel like I have to work so hard to get done what I want to! It is a good motivation to work my hardest. 

So I have been teaching myself the piano. I can play almost every hymn with my right hand. I just starting to add the left so that is really hard. It is not even cold here. All the snow came but it is all melted! I don't even know if I will get a white Christmas this year! It sounds like the weather in Utah is worst than here in Sweden. I have the better deal and everyone told me that it would be so much worse. Little ironic, huh?  Well I love it. My jacket keeps me warm and I am happy. They say that it will be worse, when January comes. So I am sure it will switch very quickly. Today for p-day we are going to Göteborg and I am so excited because there is this big amusement park and we aren't allowed to go because of the rides, but at Christmas time they close all the rides and put up tons of lights. Sorta like the Swedish version of Temple Square maybe? I am just really excited to go. 

There is a Swedish dessert that I will tell you about that will make you all wish that you were here. It's called Kladdkaka. It's almost the same thing as a brownie but the thing that makes it so heavenly is that they don't cook it all the way. They cook it maybe like 55% so that the top is all crusty but the bottom is super runny. Oh my gosh, it is so good. In this last week, I have had four. That is so much. One day, Wednesday I think, we went to a member's house lunch and they had it and then that night we went to another member's house for dinner and they also had it. Plus we had it at the baptism and then another night we just made one. SO needless to say it is my favorite Swedish food, but don't worry I haven't gain a single pound. Loving life.. 

Well another great thing that happened this week, was I got the greatest package in the entire world from my lovely mother. Thank you so much. I am to lucky of a kid to have you! You really got me by surprise with the TOMS. They are the greatest things ever. My pride and joy. I was scared that they weren't going to fit at first but I tried them on and they fit perfectly! You are an amazing mother! Truly remarkable! Thank you so much for all you do everyday to support me on my crazy adventure. I love it here so much. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I love all the people and at times I feel like I am learning more than I am teaching. Hopefully that isn't true but I love really working so closely with the Lord. I have learned to have a plan and to work toward my goals, but to also allow the Lord to insert or change things to allow His will to be done. I love this church, I love the Lord and everything He is doing. I love all of you. Have a great week. Can't wait to talk in 9 days. 


Äldste Farnworth


No comments:

Post a Comment