Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting Colder...

Note: We have been a week behind on this blog for some time. Kaleb forgot to email the blog letter to us last week so he sent it today. So we put it on the new post from yesterday. Plus he sent a letter for this week and so we are catching up and posting twice this week. Hope that makes sense.

Well this week has been great. I'll just start out with saying that the baptism didn't happen. But don't freak out because everything is okay and it is going to be happening this week! Pouyeh had to go to Stockholm for one thing and another other so we just had to push it back for that. Nothing big, I just have to wait. Don't worry though -  I was wanting to work on patience anyways! This is a great way to do that. 

Well I was looking at the attempted Christmas card and first of the tree looks really nice, Good job. Max seriously is huge, like he looks like a bear. Speaking of bears... What is on Jordan face? He looks like a mountain man. You all look so good though! Merry Christmas! We are planning for a white Christmas here for sure. We have had about 3-4 feet of snow in the last 3 days! It just snow and never stops. I got my jacket right in time. I love it so much. It is just the perfect jacket. 

The day of the first storm (Friday) was the day that we had so much travel. We had to go to Borås and that is like a 2 hour trip in GOOD weather. In this weather it took forever and we had to take a bus and it was a mess. I thought Sweden would maybe be a little more prepared for the snow but seriously they were canceling all the trains as if they have never seen this before. It was funny but they have figured it all out and now the train and roads are all back in function. 

We have this member named Rolf, who lives like 15 miles from the church, He usually drives but his car broke down so he has been riding his bike lately. He is amazing. I don't think I could do that. Plus he is like super old. Anyways, this Sunday he was pretty late for church and the members started getting worried that he got affected by the storm and fell or something. So I went out with Daniel to go and look for him. We looked forever and didn't find him and so we went back and everyone was pretty nervous about it all. And then like 2 hours later in comes Rolf with just a huge smile on his face. He was just so happy he had made it! He is amazing. He biked for 2 hours in a crazy snow storm then walked his bike the rest of the way for probably another hour just to get to church. How amazing is that? Seriously such an example to me. 

This Saturday night we were in the church doing some family history and we have something amazing happen. In walked a man looking for a place to pray! He had come to the right place! We talked for just a little bit and explained what the Book of Mormon was and who we are as Latter-Day Saints. Then we invited him to church! He said he would come and the next day at church he was there! He can't speak any Swedish so we had a member translate for him! I loved it, such a cool moment. We had 4 investigators in church yesterday! How amazing is that? I see the Lord so clearly in the work here is it an amazing thing. I love my mission and I am have only been out like 3½ months. I know that I have the Lord to thank for all that is happening. I am working hard but there is no way that I could do this alone. He is real, and He is helping me. I love it. I love Sweden. I love you guys!


Äldste Farnworth
Just some girls from the high school In Falköping. 
They were all so nice!

Swedish Vikings





No comments:

Post a Comment