Monday, June 16, 2014

This week was simply amazing...(6/16/14)


This week was simply amazing. Yes, there was a baptism on Saturday and it was completely perfect. Not a thing went wrong. We taught her the day before and it was like a really fun lesson. We just talked for a while and answered a question she had about having the bible showing us signs about the restored gospel coming to the earth and we just talked about her baptism that would be taking place the next day. So that was awesome, then we just watched a talk from President Monson called 'I Will Not Fail, Nor Forsake Thee' It was amazing. I think it helped her a little with the nerves of the big step of baptism. So then the day came and it was amazing. We met at the church with her at 5 and it was just crazy, I was just running around trying to get all the last minute things set up. Then it started at 6 and it was really amazing right away. I could see that the spirit was there with her. All the fears that she had were gone, and she looked so peaceful. It was really great!

 Then we traveled to the lake! It was really funny thought but but the entire branch and missionaries included could fit in 3 cars. It was awesome, we all went to the Lake, it was a blessing. There was no one swimming (a huge concern of mine) and the beach that we had planned to have it at was clear! So that was a huge relief. Then the missionaries all sang "Härlig är Jorden" directly translated means Beautiful Earth but it is the song Beautiful Savior in English. It was really cool, I was a little scared to see how that was going to turn out cause we had no piano or anything but it actually was really amazing. The spirit again saved that moment. 

It was then time. It had all come down to this moment. Sofia and Elder Miller dressed in all white walked into the water. Elder Kiikko and I followed in behind as the witnesses. It was really just breathtaking the view of this beautiful world that we have and that we are going to be preforming such an amazing ordinance. Pictures can not even start to serve that scene justice, I am just so grateful I was able to be there to see it. What a blessing. When she was put under it was really a big moment for me, I just had a lot of internal thoughts about what was really happening and what I was really watching happen. I was watching one of God children come unto him through baptism just like the Savior did. It was just an unbelievable moment. She came up so clean and pure. She was perfect, through this amazing gift that we have she was made clean from all of her sins and mistakes. She was clean.

We then had Fika. It was awesome there was a lot of missionaries that brought stuff and members were of course awesome. She was welcomed into the ward, and we had a really nice evening all together. Her Husband and Simon were there as well! So most of the time we were just all playing with Simon. So that was awesome. I think you could say that it was a success. The next day in church was really cool as well. Sofia received the Holy Ghost and confirmed a member. I gave my testimony because I will be moving this week. Then Sofia gave her testimony and it was really awesome, she told 'her conversion story' It was really awesome to hear the whole thing from the very start in 2008 to her baptism on Saturday. It was really awesome, she is very quiet and so most of these thing that she was telling everyone was the first time that I heard them as well as the branch. So it was really special! Great day. Then we went and spent the evening with them and said our good bye. I really wanted to give Simon a present and he is just the most curious little boy and he is really smart, So I looked and looked a Curious George monkey to give him with little luck I did not find one. So I thought that I would give him the one that my mom gave me. It was hard to give it away, but if I would do it for anyone it would be him. I also printed out a lot of pictures of him and gave him those. That was a hard goodbye. 

Speaking of goodbyes.. You are probably wondering where I am going next! Well I am right there with you! I have no idea! I talked the with Mission President and he told me this "You will most likely leave this Wednesday... or this Thursday... or Friday." No location, no companion, no travel plans. So as I have learned to do things in faith, I am starting to pack! Hopefully I will be leaving this week. Not that I have anything to complain about in this area, I am just ready for some change, new playing field. Should be fun! I am not freaking out though. Which I am quite proud of. I must be growing or something. 

I can not believe that I am going to be hitting my 10 month mark soon. That just simply makes no logical sense. I am just here for the ride I guess. I am holding on tight. I will start thinking of what I need. I love the summer but in a weird way to be honest, I am looking forward to the other seasons. They are a little more enjoyable as a missionary.  I like the winter cause you get to wear a whole bunch of warm clothes! But looks wise... Summer is amazing. Not complaining at all I love it here, just like have my favorites :)

Well I can end this whole thing off with a scripture that Sofia shared yesterday in her testimony, it is from 2 Nephi 31:20-21:

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

I really loved that. It is the goal, our vision here on this earth. What a gift we have. I was reminded of that gift this week. I am looking forward to the future, maybe that is why I am not worried about this transfer. I think I am realizing that is doesn't matter where we are it just matters what we are doing and who we are trying to serve, The Lord. He is the reason I am here and he is the way to find happiness. I know this to be true.

Sorry this is so long. It just kinda happened that way. I hope next week I will be somewhere else. I love you so much! Have a great week, Happy Father's Day Dad and Happy Birthday Jacob!


Äldste Farnworth
So Great!


Missionaries sang "Beautiful Savior"

Such a great moment

The water was a bit cold

Tomas, Sofia, Simon (with the monkey I gave him) and Me

Me and my little buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment