Thursday, January 1, 2015

Tis' the Season and Happy New Year!(12/22/14 - 1/1/15)

Dearest Family and Friends, 


Well I haven't really written one of these for like 2 weeks so this one is just gonna have to be super jam packed! Sorry about all the confusion with when I am actually going to to be emailing, because of the Holidays and stuff they moved all of our P-days, so I haven't just been ignoring you guys! 

I have a lot to report on! Where should I start? Maybe with last Sunday! We had our baptized and it was GREAT! It wS so stressful and a lot of work but when it came time to start the spirit filled he church and it went off without a hitch! I was so happy. We put in the program for Mosoud to say a few things at the end and he bore one of the best testimonies I have ever heard it was amazing. He is so strong and now that he has taken the step that leads to happiness and greater joy I am just so excited for him! Another really neat thing, Elder Nielsen was asked to baptized him. That was really neat to see, he was sooooo happy to be able to do that. I was asked to confirm him and it was a really neat privilege! I am just really grateful for the spirit, being the one to bless the Gift of the Holy Ghost upon on him was really something very special to me. I have thought a lot of what that really means to have the Holy Ghost and how amazing of a gift from our Father in Heaven that is! What a blessing! 

Such a great moment!

Well I have got basically 3 words for you: Best Christmas Ever. It was amazing, I don't know how I will be able to do it justice writing it out. We were able to spent the two days with the Sjökvist family and that was the greatest Christmas present ever! They were so awesome. I felt right at home there, we watched a lot of movies and ate so much food and just had a great time. It was so nice to be there, a Swedish Christmas is like my new favorite thing, if you are wondering what that is... Allow me to explain. Food. Towards the end of the two days basically you are no longer eating because you are hungry you are basically eating but the food is so gosh dang good and it is the social thing to do! So that was fun just stuffing my face over and over and over again! We also had a White Christmas! It snowed the day we got there and it was awesome! I don't have many pictures cause it was almost completely dark the entire day but we had a classic snowball fight and made a really cool snow fort! It was a ton of fun. Even though it was -17 degrees Celsius! Crazy Swedish winter!! We stayed warm though and have so much fun! It was truly the day I wish never ended! Thank you to everyone who helped with that!

This awesome huge goat! 

The greatest people ever.

This is a missionaries dream Christmas.

Between all the Holidays we work as normal, it wasn't just a 2 week long Winter break! The holiday, like I have said before, are so good and so bad! It is hard to find work between them! Everyone is busy with family and trips to have the missionaries over so that was struggle. But we worked hard and made it through!


New Years was as amazing as it could be! We didn't get any invites but they doesn't mean we didn't have a great time! We watch a few movies in the church to start the night off and then we went to the apartment  to end the night there. Two things about Firework in Sweden, they are: Cheap and Legal. So basically the sky was like lite up the entire night. So right at midnight we have a really nice balcony on the top of our apartment, so we went out there and just enjoyed the many "shows" that were happening! It was amazing! I loved it. There were so many fireworks the sky was literally filled with smoke it was so cool!! Then we just went to bed. A little lame but I would quite eventful for a bunch of Missionaries!


All in all, you don't need to be worrying about Elder Farnworth, I am doing just fine! Skyping with my family was awesome, Christmas was the best ever, and now I am just going to work as hard as I can in the last few months I have! My time is short and I really want to give all I can to the Lord while I still can in this way! I love the Gospel, I love what it stands for and what it means to me. I really am thankful to be a missionary, people are amazing and way nicer than they should be! I love the church and I love the Swedish people. This is my home! 

2014 was the year I have completely to the Lord. I can say that although I may I have given it to him, in 2014 I have received more than I could ever explain, the things he has allowed me to do, the people he has given to me, the experiences I have experienced... ALL because of Him. He really is a Gift. I love him and am excited to serve him for not only the rest of my mission but the rest of my life.

2015 will be a great year. I welcome it with open arms, I am excited for the blessings and challenges it will bring, I am excited for the great times and the hardships that will allow me to grow. Bring it on! 

I love you all.  I love my family and the support they are to me! Thank you so much! Happy New Year! 


Äldste Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment