Monday, April 20, 2015

I just really love my mission... (4/20/15)


Well this week I learned a lot of life lessons this week. I would say it was a great week. 

Jumping for joy on
 Sister Sandelin's Birthday!
         I always re-read these just before sending them, I feel like I sound like freakishly positive all the time but just know that I just really love my mission! With that said, the weather was really quite annoying it was like all over the place. It would be totally sunny in the morning, completely raining in the next hour and then sunny and clear in the evening. It was really crazy. So we had plans for a really fun Monday Night Activity, we were going to play some Swedish Baseball. But it was really rainy so we played some games inside anyways! It was a lot of fun, the life lesson I learned there? My body can not hold too much water. We played a game where every time you lost you had to drink a glass of water. I was not very good at that game and ended up throwing up cause I drank what too much! So like there is it, I am a lightweight. I have to be careful! It was a great night. Haha
You can't get this in America.

        We had a really good P day too! It was Sister Sandelin birthday so she wanted to go out to the island! So we went there and had a great time. It was really sunny and super awesome! We took like a billion pictures and it was really great. There are like a ton of crazy old castle so we took the boat out there and then like discovered this castle which was really cool! It was an awesome day.

The cute Jönköping Missionaries!
          On Friday we had plans for a really cool activity, we were going to have a youth BBQ so we did that! We had some hot dogs and played dodge ball and even some volleyball! It was really fun, the youth here are pretty cool. Because the church isn't so big here in Sweden, the youth in the wars are really like best friends! They like hang out all the time and it is cool to see that they are all like a huge help to each other in making sure that everyone is happy and stuff. They seem super close and I think that is cool!

I look like I am preaching...
         On Saturday we had a big service project, it was the whole ward coming together to clean the church for the summertime! It was pretty fun actually, we have this new member we are working with and he is awesome. We called him on Friday Night to invite him to the BBQ and he told us that with his bus card he could only afford to take the bus two more times this week and he thought that it would be more important to come and clean the lords house on Saturday then it would be to party of Friday. It was so cute. Haha he is the coolest. African people can teach you a lot! I swear, they like just have the basics about life down and they really understand and see what is really important and what we need not worry about! It is awesome. So Saturday morning at 9:00 o'clock he was there and just got to work!  He probably ended up working the hardest. It was pretty cool to see. 

         Sunday was good too, everyday is good so like it is dumb to say. But church was really nice! There is a lady in our ward how is going through chemotherapy again, for cancer she is facing for the second time. So we had a fast for her over the weekend. It was so awesome
Joesph, continuing to be the cutest kid.
to be able to do that! The morning of my fast, I really wanted to have it be more than just a fast for me. So I read that talk from Elder Erying from General Conference about Fasting and Fast Offerings. It really served it purpose in bringing a lot of attention to it. I really prayed for strength to get through the fast with honest intentions (seeing that every time I fast I seem to justify eating some thing at sometime) and the Lord really blessed me I felt. I was able to hold out and after breaking that fast I felt so good and stuff! It was another good life lesson! We got invited over to the best peoples house for dinner on Sunday night, it was so much fun. They are just the coolest and they have the best kids ever. We had a great time and it was a great way to seal the week off! Jönköping is treating both Elder Pearson and me quite well. There isn't too much to complain about.


All in all this week gets an A+. I was very pleased and I am eager to see what the future holds for us in the next week! We have a goal to have the faith like "Greenies" this week! Meaning we want to believe that miracles can happen EVERY day! I am pretty pumped. Should be a great week! Hope you all have a great week!
 Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you!

This place is just beautiful.


Äldste Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment