Monday, April 6, 2015

Påsklov is the best and Conference was really good. (4/6/15)

Me in Jöbköping
This week has been a really great one! We have had conference which was really good. I feel like it is a bit bias seeing that I am a missionary and I am just supposed to love it, but regardless, it was a great time. I tried something new this time, instead of just "having questions" and hoping that they would be answered. I wrote exactly what I was looking for down and then I focused on finding those answers in every talk. It required a bit of effort but towards the end, I went through the notes I had type of the iPhone and it was well worth it. 

Well I guess I am cured. If you would have asked me 20 months ago what my opinion was about change was, I would have laughed at you and told you I hated it more than anything. But I guess in the last 11 companions, and 6 areas I have been changed. This last Wednesday there was more change and I didn't freak out! I stayed here in Jönköping but I sent Elder Jones off to Göteborg and I welcomed Elder Pearson! This has been the most smooth transition, not at all because of the people involved. Elder Jones was an amazing companion and one of my best friends that I have received here in Sweden. I just feel like I have changed the way I have placed my faith in the Lord. This transfer switch I just tried to be open to anything, it has been really great so far so I have no complaints! Elder Pearson is from St. George and is really cool, he is a band kid and owns that pretty good.

Samuel and Emilie
Elder Pearson and Me!

Påsklov is the best. It is the last day of Påsklov (Easter Break). Which basically meant all of the cool people came to Jönköping to visit their parents and stuff. So we had a ton of youth activities, in the last 5 days we played Badminton, Volleyball, Baseball, and Soccer. It was seriously so much fun, like I am super good at Baseball, just don't ask anyone I was playing with. They don't know. We had areally good time. The sun was out and we are finally starting to get WARM days, I almost like not sure how to react. But for now I am just choosing to love it. I have decided that I just love Baseball though, that is like the best sport. We had a good time playing that.


Smörgostårta and Joesph, two awesome things!
A Sweden dish that is a little big different from anything we have in America is called a Smörgostårta. Let me tell you, that is a real shame because they are so good. We got a random call from Christoffer and Carolina asking if we would like to partake in some and that call was a day maker. It is a sandwich cake I guess one could say, it is made with Bread, Mayo, Dill, Eggs, Raw Fish (Sill), Lettuce, Lemon, Tomatoes
, Cheese.. etc. It is like the best thing in the world. I'll put a picture to go with it. The little boy is there son and the cutest kid ever.

Påsk Candy from the Sjökvist, Love them.
In Sweden you buy candy by the weight, so you can just get as much as you want. There was a special Easter Sale on the candy so it was only like 5 dollars for a Kilo! SO we got about 5 kilos for conference and during one session I think between about 8 people we almost ate about 4 kilos, so we still have a lot left. Conference was just really good, I felt really good listening to that. One talk that I really liked was Elder Holland's talk about the Lord always being there for us. It was really cool and something that I really loved to hear. It just really helped me understand that the Lord is always there for us, right when we need him. His reaction time is perfect. I gain a lot from that talk.

Feeding the ducks with Joseph!
All-in-all we had a great week, I can't think of too many things that we did this week, I am still a bit crazy from the candy and conference yesterday but I loved this week! I am really excited for what the future holds for me here in Jönköping and in Sweden. I love this gospel and I love that we have revelation that is continuing today and will always be there for us. I love my family and miss you guys greatly! 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,

Äldste Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment