Monday, April 27, 2015

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. (4/27/15)

In every week there is always a point where you have a break and you try to figure out what is going, usually for me that is where I realize how fast the week is going. Usually this happens on about Thursday and I think, "Wait... Is it Thursday already?" This week that happened on Saturday.. I freaked out realizing that the days of the week are starting to roll by so quickly I can't even seem to grasp it at all. I just can't. But I have decided that it is a good thing! Quick time means that we are working hard and that we are busy. Both of those things apply very well. The work in Jönköping is moving forward quite quickly! I love it.  

Lunch breaks!
There were a few really cool moments I could share about this week, first off being that we were Tracting! That is not very common in my normal mission routine. We usually find people other ways, I am not really a huge fan of knocking on doors, but we were in this really small city, Tenhult, swinging by an online referral we got for a guy wanting a Book of Mormon, we had a little weird timing and I think he was probably working. So we were there and we didn't want to just leave after doing nothing, so we knocked a few doors. It was really funny, I was walking around being dumb and I pick up this cool rock and right I did, Elder Pearson tells me that there was a old lady watching me pick up that rock and she laughed at me. So we went and knocked on her door! It was pretty funny, she was very interested but she appreciated my interested in Geology!! It was really funny. 

"Lets look into the distances all
dramatic like!" #bikes
The word of the week is: BIKES. WE got them out and it was/is GLORIOUS. I love it so much, with the weather changing, it is the greatest thing ever. The day we got them we went crazy! Maybe too crazy, we rode about 20 kilometers! We were just kids, just loving the weather and riding around this wonderful city. My body just laughs at me every night as it reminds me that I am not a biker and I am not in shape. I hope that I can get there soon! But all-in-all biking is the greatest thing ever. I took a few really great pictures to prove it! I have just convinced myself that the lake I live next to is really the ocean and Jonköping is California. It makes my life like a million times more enjoyable.. 

We are continuing to have a wonderful timing working with all the youth here in Jönköping, I swear this place is a hidden gem, I love it. We had a fun little turnout for Volleyball on Friday Night, we had a few good games. The best part is just the end when we just take sometimes and just talk, it is really cool to be surrounded with such great people that are so genuine. We had another little activity on Sunday night and it was really the best. We watched the movie, Charly. It was really cool, I love that movie. I feel like it was really good for the people that came to see, it showed us that God is good and fair but that doesn't mean he will give us whatever we want whenever we want it. He has his will and we need to align our wills together. It was actually a really nice reminder.

Living in California!
We have some great members here! I feel like I ate like a King a few times in the last week. We went to Christoffer (Prince Charming, as I call him) and his Wife, Carolina's house for Taco and I think I can openly say they were the greatest tacos I have had my whole misson. Freak, they were really great. Then Swedish Panncakes with a Kladdkaka inside... I just can't explain the happiness and joy that meal brought me. It was great. Then on Sunday we ate at the Hegyessy's house and again, just the best food ever. You would think I am gaining a lot of weight... ha, you would think, but nope. 






We had Stake Conference yesterday, which usually I just like because that means we only have 2 hours of church, but this time I would have been totally fine if it just never ended. Wow, it was really good. There was on guy who talked about a time he was just drive home from a day of work as a policeman. He wasn't in uniform or in a cop car, he saw a few kids doing something they really shouldn't be doing. So he got out and told them to stop and to fix what they had done. They refused seeing that he had no authority, he then pulled out his badge and told them who he was. They then quickly apologized and hurried to correct their mistake. He then liken it to Us and God, We are often told my those around us but how often to we listen to them? Are we those who wait for God to show his badge before we will do the things we know we need to be doing? It was really great, just like these kids who knew what they were doing was wrong, refused to change or seek forgiveness until they were forced to. I really took from that we are striving to be the people who, ultimately, won't be in these situations but seeing that we are just "sinners that keep on trying" we need to strive to be people that can be corrected by our fellow men and be humble enough tochange and be better on our own. Before the Lord has to flash his "ID". That is my little weekly thought for you all. I also have been meaning to write this quote,  I love it, just like be yourself and love it:


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."
#WeeklyQuote


Adjö,

Äldste Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment