Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014! (1/2/15)

Seriously I can't believe that it is 2014 already! Where is the time going? This last year has been a big one for me! I really am so grateful for all that has happened and I am super excited for 2014! It is the only year that I will spend 100% on my mission. So that is just awesome. These last few days have been slow days for missionary work.

In Sweden, the New Year's holiday is huge. We had plans to go and visit with another family but because we would have to take a train home we weren't allowed to go. The train from Falköping to Skövde is super dangerous, I guess. So we ended up spending the whole night with the Säilä Family. They were amazing. We had the best lunch ever then we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (which is like my favorite movie ever). They played it in English for me since they all can speak English as well. Then we watched Bolt. But that one was in Swedish. It didn't even have English subtitles! It was really hard, but I kinda just figured out what was going on based on the pictures. Like a child would, but hey, it worked! Then we made homemade pizza and watched the Swedish version of New Year's Eve in Time Square... The American one is a little better. Just saying.

We stayed up super late and we were out until like 12:30. Crazy! I can't believe that. It was a great New Year and it was a great Christmas as well! I am so grateful for all the people that played a role in my holiday's. My family back in the states, and also my new family here in Sweden. I love it here so much!

So I bought all my Christmas presents last week! I got such a "Lisa Deal." I found this suit top for super cheap and the best part was that they matched the church pants that I already had and the pair of pants that you sent me for Christmas! SO then I still have enough money to get a pair of Swedish shoes as well! It was a Christmas Miracle! I love it. I have a picture with it all on so look for that! 

After a Super fun day in Göteborg we went to the one of the greatest family in all of Sweden. The JELK's. They are trying to move to the states so I really am happy that I can have Swedish friends in Utah! We had a super fun dinner. They are really loud so I fit right in! Then we watched Monster University in Swedish! That was a ton of fun. I seriously love that family. Göteborg is the place to be. I am going there today again! We are going  bowling. I have really gotten so good at bowling. Okay not really. Oh well...

I have began reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning again and I really feel so happy and thankful for that book. We can come so close to God through it. As I read it I feel the Spirit so strong. I have gain such a testimony of all the stories. We can learn so much from it. Our Mission President gave us this challenge to read the Book of Mormon by July. I accepted and added my own goal to read it TWICE. I invite you all to read with me! I have seen and felt it change my life! It can change anyone who will allow it! I love it. I love this Church. I was talking with a member about how lucky we really are to have all the knowledge we have. If you sit and think of all we have we are so BLESSED. I love gratitude. This gospel is the reason I am who I am. Have a great week and I love you all!

Äldste Farnworth




No comments:

Post a Comment