Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Lord is Mindful of Me (1/27/15)

I would like to start this out with a big HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY TO MEGAN!!

This week has been a really good week. I just feel like I wrote my
last letter. So much has happened this week. The time is just speeding
up because the Skövde chapter of my mission is coming to an end! I am
super nervous and really excited to get a fresh start in a new area. I
really have been working on the trust that I have in the Lord. This is
a huge amount of change. I know that the Lord guides all the transfers
so that is comforting to me.

So let me just tell you that I have the best companion in the world.
It was Wednesday, I have been sick all week. It was the worst on
Wednesday, and we went to the middle of nowhere to do some service.
When I say the middle of nowhere I mean a hour ride on a dirt road to
a small ranch. It was insane. Anyways, I was just not doing good. The
long ride didn't help and after that I was not in the best mood. So when we
got home I had the plan to get in the shower and go to bed. So I got
home and went straight to the shower. When I was finished. I could
hear Elder Simmons in the kitchen and I thought "How sweet would it be
in he was just like making me a Kladdkaka (Swedish Brownies)?" I
dismissed the thought right about and figured he was making himself a
snack or something. Then I walked into the kitchen and he was making a
Kladdkaka! When I asked what it was for, he says: "I thought you would
want a Kladdkaka tonight." Yes this is a true story. He is pretty much
amazing. I am so lucky. We have a ton of fun. I am sorta sad that we
only got to be companion for a little while.

I have been super sick this week! It is terrible. On Thursday and
Friday I lost my voice. That is something that has never happened. I
am sure Elder Simmons was sort of happy about that. He got a few days
of quiet. Teaching in Swedish is hard enough, then if you add on
having to do that with little or no voice it'
s just almost impossible.

We had a super fun Swedish lesson this week. It was all about Swedish.. duh. I have been telling the members that I will be leaving and it is making me really sad to see this place go. I feel like this is my family. I love them all so much. I can't think of what it will be like with other members. At the same time I am so excited to be able to go to other places and see what other wards and branches hold! I just feel very positive about the future! I can't wait to see what the Lord will do with me.

I feel like I am growing so much spiritually. I have my Father in Heaven and my Brother Jesus Christ to thank. As well as my amazing family. I feel so lucky. I could spend a whole day writing down all the blessings and miracles that I have seen while I have been out here.
There is one thing I KNOW. The Lord is mindful of me. He is mindful of all of us and wants us to be happy and grow! Trials are blessing! Hard
times are growing opportunities. I love this gospel. I love my mission. I love all of you. I pray for you daily. I hope you pray for
me, I pass on the blessings for me right onto those who need them
here. We have the chance to do so much good through prayer. It works.
He is listening.

Have a great week. Dad, I hope you back feels better. You need to
remember you aren't Superman, and you have limits! Just kidding. You
basically are Superman. I love you so much.

Keep on Keeping on!

Äldste Farnworth



The Single's Family Night Group. Left to Right, Henrik, Elder
Simmon, Me, Pouyeh, Ståle.

No comments:

Post a Comment