Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I'm not like this idiot, well like I guess sorta...(3/10/14)

Hey Mother!

Sorry this is getting to you so late. We just didn't have the will power to wake up early this week to chat with you guys, but I promise that next week we will get it on. Okay, I am going to start off by answering you questions before I get all distracted. Do they have Costco in Sweden? No, they don't. The don't even have Wal-mart. The only store that they have here that we share would be IKEA. I really like it though, I really am in a completely different world. Sweden is crazy. I have like "holy crap I am in Sweden..." moments every single day. Okay so transfer calls go out this Friday, I don't know if I will be transferred but I do know that I will be stressing about it this whole week! I will know next week. I did not go to the service for Elder Bailey, they could not allow everyone to travel in because the chapel wasn't big enough, so only people that knew him on the mission were given permission. It was a really sad week here. It is just something that you never think is going to happen. It's just another one of those moments where we have to have trust in the Lord that we have a plan. We have this investigator who is like the sweetest person ever. When she found out she called us right away and totally we telling me how cool it is that we have the Plan of Salvation. She then told me that she knew that God just needed him to be a missionary on the other side. She is like the greatest investigator ever. I really hope I am able to help her come closer to Christ through Baptism.

This week was really good. We have had a few things that over the last few weeks we had going into bad habits, like a little lazy with a few small things. So this week we made it a special effort and we saw like really great things come from it. We have had a great amount of teaching this week, and we really were able to help a few people! This week was very rewarding. The work in Linköping is going forward at a very fast rate.

Holy cow the weather here has be beautiful. Swedish people love to talk about the weather. All I have to say to get a conversation going is "Wow, it a really nice day!" Or "Can you believe how cold it is?" I will generally always get a pretty big response from that. The times that I don't are really awkward. I am not kidding sometimes when I try to talk with people they will straight up look me in the eyes and like just not respond to me. So that is dumb. Swedish people can be very awkward but you kind of just have to learn to love it and laugh at yourself sometimes. When I get like hard core rejected, I just laugh right then a there. Then I just assume they think I am insane. It's a really good time. Something that I LOVE to do that really messes with the people here is sing on the buses. Just like a side note, the buses here are always so quite. NO ONE talks. Like the bus can be 102% full and not one person is talking so I just like start singing really to my self and my companion gets embarrassed so I get louder and louder then the whole bus is looking at me. It just is so awesome. Don't worry. I am not like this idiot, well like I guess sorta.

So in not so good news, my knee is getting really bad. I have these pills that are supposed to reduce the swelling and then I put this cream on it and I have these wraps but the fact that I walk around all day on it just means every night it hurts a little more than the last. Today it was terrible. But don't worry I am still pushing. Just pray for me. I don't want to have this hinder any work that could be done here.

You guys are changing the house so much I don't think I recognize it when I get home. I cannot believe that I have been out almost 7 months that just doesn't seem real to me. I just want to stay forever. Okay maybe not forever but a long time for sure. I love it here so much. I didn't think that I would like Linköping at first just coming from a small branch and going into a smaller branch but I have really been able love this branch. I am so excited for the work that is going to take place here.

This week has been great. I am so excited for this upcoming week and I am so excited for what the future holds. Thank you for all you do for me. I can feel the love that I am getting for back home. Continue to pray for the people here. The Lord is real. He loves us. All of us. Pray to him. The song 'A Child's Prayer' comes to mind.

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is listening.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heaven.

I love that song. I sing that song in my head probably once a day. We need to strive to have the faith of children. So pure and so true. Love you so much. Have a great week!

Äldste Farnworth 
Exploring the woods on P-day

We made a fort:)

No comments:

Post a Comment