Monday, March 3, 2014

Pray for the Missionaries... (3/3/15)

This week has been really a lot. It has been a good to really learn to rely on the hand of the Lord. I was thinking the other day when I got
the news about Lexi's accident I was really having a hard day and I just kept saying through my head, "There is nothing you can do, there is nothing you can do." Then I totally thought about how I can do the most important thing for her. I could pray. So I prayed and prayed ... and prayed some more. After I had prayed I had to turn it over to the Lord. I knew that I could focus on that and still do my work here like I should be. When I gave it to the Lord it wasn't like it is was gone. In the way that I didn't thinkit of it all happening but it was gone in the way that I knew if there was anything that I could do to change the situation the Lord would do that for me. I felt peace for the rest of the week. It wasn't like a feeling of 'she is going to be okay...' but more like I would accept what God's plan was for her. I am so thankful that she is getting better! I am truly grateful for what is happening now.

This week has been really good. In a weird way. Not a week that I loved the whole way through but a week that I am super glad I had. There was just lot of different aspects of the work here that can be very tiring as a missionary and as a person. I love it though. We have this lady I told a little about last week. Her name is Mahin, and she is so nice.

My knee is really hurting. That isn't right English but honesty I don't know how to speak much English anymore. Swedish is just completely taking over everything. I could compare it to a bully in the school yard.

Swedish just takes over everything and destroys all traces of anything in the way. Needless to say my English is going to need some help. I am at this stage where I just become social awkward ... I like know enough Swedish that it is starting to effect my English but not enough Swedish that I can give up on English. For example, sometimes I forget the word that I am trying to say in Sweden but I also forget the word that I am trying to say in English. So I just look dumb. This happens about once a day. 

Anyways, where was I? Oh so my knee has like fluid built up in the knee cap. I was going to go to the doctor but Mahin is a doctor so she just told me what to buy and what medicines I would need. It was nice. They are helping me to be able walk around everywhere all day but it still kills at night. It's getting better though so things are looking up!

On Saturday, I went the university with Elder Hills. We didn't know how far it was going to be so we just walked and walked and it turned out to be really, really, really, far. We made it fun though. I really enjoyed it. Most of the pictures on this post are from that day. Actually they all are. We were lost and we were looking at a map and this guy came up to us and asked if we needed help. We said yes. So he helped us on our way and we told him that we were missionaries and we explained what we do as missionaries. Then after he told us he believed that there is no God, he invited us to this HUGE college party that is going to happen that night. He was way like not understanding of who we were. He asked if we wanted to come and drink and stuff. We gave him a firm no ... it was pretty funny. Super cool that he contacted us. That usually doesn't happen in Sweden.

Yeah so overall I give this week about a 6 out of 10. Not the best but not the worst! There is room for improvement! I really love it here so much. I just can't believe that I am here. That blows my mind. I love Sweden. I love the Swedish language. And I can't wait to be able to come and show you all how cool it is.

I pray for you all. I love you all. Pray for the missionaries, we need those prayers everyday. Love you all so much! HhHave a great week! Be happya look for ways to make someone's else's day everyday.

Äldste Farnworth



The Tree of Life in The Dome Kyrkan

The Dome Kyrkan of Linköping,
 the second biggest 'Dome Kyrkan' in Sweden
.




No comments:

Post a Comment