Sunday, March 2, 2014

Loving This Week (3/24/15)

This week went by so fast. But I was able to slow it down long enough to take some pictures. Or at least one. We have made a lot of progress this week! I am proud of what we were able to do! The work is moving forward. It has been a hard few week though, not the work that I am used to, but that was Skövde and this is Linköping. They are different, really good but different. Our apartment is officially "home." As in I cleaned the entire thing, top to bottom, side to side. It was easily the worst thing in the entire world but now I can stop feeling like I am going to get a disease every time I walk into the bathroom. So I can shower in peace. I will have to take pictures of the apartment and send them soon.

So we have this member that we are like really close with. She is so awesome, and as we were leaving her house from having Fika her friend comes in and totally knows who we are. So we set a time to meet again the next week. So Elder Hills and I were on splits and we had a really good lesson. I guess that she has met with missionaries before and she has read the whole Book of Mormon. She told us that she also knows that it is true! When we asked her to be baptized she told us that she had no problem with it, but that she was very busy right now. She doesn't want to get stress out with the goal hanging over her head. So I want to challenge her to be baptized in a like a few days. No goals, just faith. I know she is ready. I am excited to see the miracles happen.

I was talking with this old friend of mine who is transferred and she said something that was really cool. She gave me some really good advice. She told me that "It is only when we sink the lowest can we raise the highest." I love that. I am not saying that I am at a low point but I just like that because that is why I love this Gospel. It is here for us ALL the time not only when we are "good" and "high" but when we mess up and have bad days. It is there for us always. I have really had to depend on my faith that I know that Christ is there and he is listening to me. This belief has gotten me through some of my darkest days here.

Another important thing that I have learned and everyone who learns a new language will know is something you have to suck up your pride and ask for help. I have applied this to all aspects of my mission. The Lord can't physically be with us now, but He has sent people to help us just as He would if He were here with us. We can't do everything by our self. We can't return back to our Heavenly Father without Christ and we can't make it through this world without the help of others around us. He loves us so much He gives us trials. But on the other side He loves us so much He allows us to have people to help us through them. We are so loved. We are so blessed. The gospel blesses lives. We are so blessed.

Have a great week. I am praying for you all so much. Thank you for all the prayers.


Äldste Farnworth


This is the picture of the week, We found this thing in the middle 
of the forest when we were walking. This is why I love Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment