Saturday, May 31, 2014

We invited her to be baptized on the 7th of June..(5/19/14)

Dear Mother and Father and all others,

This week has been amazing. Honestly a blessing from God. We have really worked hard and the efforts show in what happened! I love weeks like this! I guess the biggest news that I have to share is that one of the people that we are working with has set a date to be baptized! I am so excited I can't even express it! She is amazing! I believe I talked a little about her on the blog but I can't explain who she is again! She is a teacher at a high school that we have taught at in the past, when I first called and asked if she was interested, but she said if we wanted to we could go and teach at her school. So we did that, and then the other Elders, Steen and Hills, met with her after the fact to get interview and I think that was the setting that she need to accept the church again, so that began teaching her. But they both moved so we took over the teaching and it has been amazing. I love her family as well. They have a little boy, he is like my best friend in Sweden, I am probably not his, but I don't even care. He is so cool and is like the smartest kid I have ever met. He is 5 years old but so we get amused by the same things most the time. We have fun together. 

Yesterday we were with them and he challenged his dad and Elder Miller to a "Stuffed Animal War" it got pretty intense, but in the end we emerged victorious. It was awesome. We always have amazing Fika, and we have various tasting games of which sodas and candies we like the most. How could I not love it? I haven't even gotten to the teaching yet. It is amazing, I honestly love teaching her, she just processes everything we say and is really good at asking questions. Last time we taught the Plan of Salvation, and then we invited her to be baptized on the 7th of June and she accepted the goal. So we are pushing towards that now and really working to get her prepared for that! I have a ton of faith that it will happen, I am just looking forward to it all together! Greatest thing ever! 

We also have so many others that we are meeting with. There is this lady who is a member that doesn't come to church but is so awesome and invites the missionaries over to dinner about once a week, and we have recently taught her daughter and she is just amazing. We talked with her a lot about baptism and that is something that she is wanting to work toward too! What? Yes! She is amazing, so much faith. It was so cool to teach her and every time we would check to see if she was following she would just reply with: "Yeah, that makes sense!" So cool, next time we meet with her we will be setting up a baptismal date with her as well! I love what is happening here. I really do. #SOBLESSED

On a different note, the weather is like the best. Warm and sunny! However, it is still Sweden so it randomly rains a lot but I really have started to like the rain, it's really cool. The sunshine is so cool and we have so much of it now! For all those who haven't been keeping up with this, allow me to remind you that when I got to Sweden I had sun from 8:30 am - 4:30 then is just got worst but now it is like 4:30 am - 10:00 pm. So basically I love it, so freaking different and cool. 

Well my birthday was great. Pizza Hut did not disappoint, IKEA was really fun and the missionaries here are just the best so I have to thank Elder Grey, Stoelzing, Hewitt, Miller, and Kiiko for being so awesome then a special thanks to the awesome Sisters, Sister Anderson and Eborn who even got me a little present. They were awesome. I have got some great people around me. Also another big thanks to Otillia! For just being awesome and making my birthday freaking sweet! Thanks to everyone else who made it great! I feel loved out here for sure!

I can't believe that Zac come home on Wednesday. Crazy, honestly I can remember the car ride back from the MTC perfectly, I can also remember how quickly I moved myself into his room.. I am such a dork. You guys probably did the same with me though! I would expect nothing less. Well I look forward to hearing from him. Someone needs to record him homecoming talk. Like put someones iPhone on the pulpit or something.. It that weird? Just do it and explain that it was at my request. 

Okay this is a long one. I would hate to bore anyone any longer. So more to come next week! We will work harder this week. One last thing, the Lord is there. He is really really there. He listens and he cares. He is not just there to listen to us tell him how great everything is going he is there to "hear our souls complaints.."  talk with him, create a plan of action and do something, make changes, we all can be better. The Lord will and wants to help us! I know this from experience! And every time I forget The Lord does a really good job at reminding and humbling me! I am grateful to be a missionary. I have met people here that are amazing, outstanding, unbelievably caring people, that within only a matter of meeting with them once, I feel such love from them. It is the work of God on both sides. I love it here. I love this work and I LOVE this gospel. I really can't imagine my life without it (Well I can but I don't like too :)  

Okay that is all my fingers can take. Have a great week. I love you all. 


Äldste Farnworth 

1: The whole gang on my birthday at IKEA :) So great

2: The world's best cat. I might becoming a cat person... 

3: Me in Norrköping, so happy.

4: The "Best Ice Cream in Linköping!" Note: It was very good. 

5: Otillia and me, she is the coolest ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment