Sunday, May 4, 2014

I am Staying In Linköping (4/28/14)

I am staying in Linköping for a little while longer! Something happened that I didn't think would.. I am getting a companion that I have had before. My MTC companion again. So that is a little strange. I didn't think that happened too much so it will be cool. I am looking forward to seeing how much each of us has changed. It will be cool to see how I have changed in his opinion. It will be a cool experience. Elder Hills will be leaving as well. This is going to be so hard. He has been such a strong support to me here. I really am so grateful for his friendship. He is moving up to the Northern part of Sweden. So that will be so cool and he will love it there. It is also sad that Elder Stoeltzing will be leaving so soon also. He is awesome. He is only moving about 30 minutes north, so that will be nice, He is still be in my district and I am looking forward to more good times with him. 

Well this week has been great! I am loving Linköping and it really is great here! The sun is shining and the trees are growing awesome! Green, Green, and Green! I love it. I am basically living in a different country than I started in. I am starting to understand why so many people get depressed in the winter. I think that it isn't as much about how bad it is, cause I don't think it was terrible, but I think it is the comparison to how great the Summer is! I love it!

I met with a man named David this week! He was amazing! Honestly! He is was so cool, He really is looking for the true church and really hopes that he will receive an answer about the true church of Jesus Christ (which would be The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). He gladly accepted a Book of Mormon and was very excited to read and pray about that! So I am very excited about that!  Things are going to be great! Positive thinking is really the key :)

My spiritual thought for this week comes from Elder Holland's talk 'Remember Lot's Wife.' I loved that talk, anyone who hasn't read it should do so. I loved this talk - it has changed my life. Honestly. And completely changed me. I love what he ends with when he says: "Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ truly is the 'high priest of good things to come.'" We all can have more faith. We can all be better and we can all see work to see more great things in the future. I am going to have complete faith that the Lord has a plan for me. Staying in the past is just not the way that the Lord intended for us to live. He atoned for our sins. He gave His life for everyone of us. He loves us. He wants us to progress and He know we can do it! I love Him. I am not perfect, not even close. I need the Lord EVERYDAY. I would be nothing with out Him, none of us would be. Without the Lord we would all be ruined, plain and simple. I am so happy that we have this knowledge. It guide and drives my life. I love it so much!

Well I am going to ask for your prayers this week! It is going to be a tough one. I am working on my fear of change and I can always use the Lords help! I love you all so much! Sorry this is a crazy blog letter this week! I am having a weird day. Love you all so much!



Äldste Farnworth

This is the only picture he sent with info. The others are just fun to look at. 
The beautiful Spring in Linköping.


Looks like they travel pretty nice as missionaries in Sweden!



No comments:

Post a Comment