Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hopefully this helps you guys stop wondering why I love it here so much. (9/1/14)

Well now it is September and once again I don't know where the time is going. I just feel like I am in the New York Subway station. I am just watching each month zoom on by and I can't even make out where they are going. It really is crazy. To start out with the good news! I am staying here in Gävle! I am so happy to be here another transfer! Saturday was the longest most nerve racking day I have had in a while, but we passed and now it is just smooth sailing for 6 more weeks! YES! I really love Gävle so much, it is like the place for Elder Farnworth. I honestly feel like I am serving in my own ward here. I completely love the members here more than anything. I am really excited to just give them everything I have in the next 6 weeks and go out with a BANG!

The Awesome Innebandy group. We look so legit. 

This week has flown, I understand that I sound super repetitive but I just can't seems to wrap my head around the concept of time on my mission. Months feel like weeks, weeks are days and days are gone in seconds. I just can believe it, we play Innebandy every Saturday still and that is like the greatest sport in the entire world. Honestly I don't know how it is not in the States yet, you guys are missing out on the funnest thing ever. Look up some Innebandy on YouTube and you will see what I am talking about. It is so much fun. It is something to look forward to every week! We will have to do that when I get home! 

Yesterday was an amazing day. It was such a good Sunday, Sister Hill is going to be transferring to Stockholm so we are really going to miss her a ton, she has been so much fun and such a great missionary to learn and have en example from here. I really am going to miss her! She gave a really good testimony and did a great job. We had a lot of people come to church. It was really awesome. One of the less actives we have been working with wasn't there at the beginning and to be honest, I was a little bummed but then I get this text, "We missed the first bus but don't worry we are coming!" It was totally awesome. There were so many people that the Lord prepare to come then. It was a really great scene to quite literally see the efforts of your labors right there. I really was humbling though, I realized that it is not because of me at all, sure I played a role in this but I just thought how great The Lord is and how much he is doing her, I was humbled and also very grateful. I am so grateful for the time and the miracles that I am seeing here. It is truly amazing to me! I just never want this to end!

Marcus with all the missionaries! He is such a stud with his bow tie! Reminds me of Jacob! haha

We got the newspaper that we are in and it is really cool, I have some pictures that I can send it was really fun! And then in the Sunday paper, the Sister's here had another article in that! So the Missionaries are quite the talked about topic here in Gävle. It is a lot of fun! WE biked a lot this week. Like a ton, I am really getting into shape. Not really but sorta! On Sister's Hills birthday this last week we ended up going to The Sjökvist to make dinner with them and stuff and this girl didn't have a way to get there so we offered to give her our bus card and we would bike out there. It was really worth it but biking out there is a lot of work. I found out that it is about 7.5 Miles there and then another 7.5 home. SO it is not like KILLER but lets just keep in mind that we are missionaries, not professional bikers. In the last week, we have made that trip a total of 2 times and in the last transfer maybe about 7 or 8 times. Crazy crazy. I love it though, I really do!

This is the New Article that we were in! It was pretty sick to see it!


I see so clearly now how people always say that not a day goes by that you don't think about your mission. I just can't imagine me ever forgetting this. It really is amazing and I feel like the luckiest kid in the world. I am really just that, a kid. The only way I am able to do all of these crazy things, help these people and spread this gospel is through the divine help of My God. He is the reason that this is all possible. Swedish and all. It is so much fun and so much work. I am stressed all the time but the only way to enjoy it is to learn to laugh at yourself and enjoy the ride! Cause when it is done, it's done. I love this Gospel. I really do. I know that it is true. Through my mission alone I have learned that there is someone there listening to my pleads nightly. He is real and he is good. I love it. Thank you all for your support and your prayers. I am so grateful. I don't honestly feel at times that I deserve all of the wonderful support I get. Thank you, thank you. I miss you all so much, but I just have no desire to come home now. This is too good.

Selfie with my official missionary assistant in church! He follows me around and helps with everything! He is the man. 


This is just like normal Swedish. Hopefully this helps you guys stop wondering why I love it here so much.


Lately I have been listening to President Gordon B. Hinckley and I found this quote and it is like my new favorite. He said: "You can be smart and happy or stupid and miserable. . . it's your choice." That is so awesome. It is our choice. We always are in control of ourselves. We can always Be Positive. Last week, I had to ask a Swede how to pronounce a English word... I just had to laugh at that. Otherwise, I would have cried. It was a great moment.

Ha det så fet!

Äldste Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment