Monday, December 1, 2014

#SharetheGift (12/1/14)

Dear everyone!


Well it is Christmas here and I LOVE IT. We had a great Thanksgiving and we made quite the dinner. We had these amazing members offer to buy whatever we needed but we had to make all the food. It was pretty scary but we did it and it went really well! We spent a good part of our P day just cooking and I have to say that I gained a whole new respect for the parents (mostly the mothers) who have been preparing these meals! Wow. You guys are strong. Towards the end of meal, all the elders decided that it would be the last time we did that! haha I doubt that will actually happen but I guess we can hope! He had some really finds with the food, we visited an 'American Store' and found Kraft Stuffing, Jell-o, and A&W Rootbeer. So basically we just took a trip home to the USA. Great night!

The results!

This week the church released the new film called He is the Gift. I just love that more than anything else! We have adjusted our entire mission plan to wrap around this new film. I love it, we are out everyday talking to people about the true meaning of Christmas we are getting a while new response to people. It isn't a huge secret that when we randomly go up to someone on the street and ask them about God they aren't super interested to talk about it, but EVERYONE loves to talk about Christmas. It is like so fun to go out and tell people to look up #SharetheGift on Twitter and just go through what people are saying. It is like the big thing right now. You guys should totally look it up if you haven't seen it. I love it. 






We have been meeting a lot with this investigator that is making plans to be baptized in December! He came to church yesterday and just loved it! We were at his house on Saturday night and we had a strong lesson about The Plan of Salvation. We challenge him to pray about baptism and he said that he would, the next day in church he told us he got his answer and he wanted to be baptized! We are really excited and just feeling so blessed to have the chance to teach this man! He is from Iran and has lived in Sweden for about 10 years, he loves it here and it probably one of the most humble people I have ever met. He is such an example of faith. What a blessing. Please pray for him as he prepares for this wonderful step! 


There are this awesome couple in here and they are very quickly making it to the top of my list. I love going to their house and spending time with them, they are both recent RM's and we just have a blast with them. They make the best food ever and their company is even better. The members here are really so sick. The Relief Society had this huge Turkey dinner on Thankgiving (except Thanksgiving isn't a think here) So it was just a random Turkey dinner, kind of a smack to the face of Americans. But they had an entire turkey left over so they just put in the fridge and put a "For the Missionaries" Sign on it. #ILoveThem It was really good and I just was so happy to eat Thanksgiving twice this year. I think it makes up for not having one last year at all. 

Diego

Well we have no snow yet. The weather is just like right above freezing but not cold enough... I want snow but then I just don't. I am very tied here. I love it though, Stockholm is my city. So fast pace and just fun, always something happening! So cool. 

These cool people we showed the video too! #sharethegift

I know this church is true! I just do. Plain and simple. I love the Gospel and I love Jesus. He is my friend and brother. 

I also love my Brothers and Sister. And my Parents. And everyone. Lots of love here. 

Äldste Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment