Monday, July 28, 2014

Pure Bliss (7/28/14)

The two words I would use to describe this week would be probably be: Pure Bliss. I am starting to get a little worried, I am really having such a great time that I feel like there has to be something waiting in the future somewhere, but at the same time, I am having such a great time I don't think I care if there is something there. I am just grateful for the now and present. I said goodbye to Elder Gentillon on Wednesday and started the adventure with Elder Bilodeau! He is a great guy! The next day we went on Splits so I said goodbye to Elder Bilodeau and spent the day with Elder Forsyth.  He is my new Zone Leader. It was pretty funny to spend the first day of a transfer without your new companion. But it was way chill with Elder Forsyth, he is way cool guy and a good Missionary. 


Last dinner with Elder Gentillon! Love this family!

First Dinner with Elder Bilodeau!

This is our new district. We are pretty good looking.


We spent Elder Bilodeau first full day in Gävle moving a member. It was quite the experience, to say the least. We were with a member named Pelle, but we all refer to him as "Sam the Man." He is really cool and made the whole day really a lot of fun. That took up a lot of time, but it was really nice to be able to serve that family and do something that helped them out. The ward was really amazing as well. They were all there and really willing to help. We were able to be quick and efficient.  

After that I had a very bad experience... on my bike. We were in a hurry to the the bus stop and we were really booking it, so if you can imagine me standing up on the bike and pedaling so crazy fast. Then out of no where, my chain on my bike breaks! My whole balance was thrown off and I was also thrown off my bike. I got a lot of scratches but I called Sofie, who is super awesome and lives pretty close to us and she meet us outside will all the  Band-Aids I could ever need. It was really awesome. So then we got back on the bikes after fixing them and hurry and made it for the next bus which only made us a little late to our teach!  It was quite the night. Then we ended the whole night with Innebandy, which is very quickly becoming my favorite sport. You will have to YouTube it or something and see what is it like. I am really get into it and it makes the entire week a little better to be able to play that! 

After Innebandy selfie... We are the best. 

Then to end the week right we had Church. It has been so hot here in Gävle, because having such short summers usually there is no Air Conditioning, so the church building just heats up hotter and hotter as the day get hotter. So yesterday, it was really hot and they actually shortened church by a hour. I thought it was a little bit of overkill but it was like 32 degrees so I was fine with this solution. We went to the Jonsson's and the Sjökvist for dinner and dessert that night and they were just so freaking great! I love this place!

Fika for Peter Sjökvist Birthday! 

I can't wait for the heat to leave and to have winter again. I know I sound terrible but summers are a lot different as a missionary and they aren't as fun. The biggest thing that I missed from home this week was SWIMMING. Oh man, I would give my left leg to jump into the ocean or a pool. The heat is starting to get to me! 

Oh a spiritual note, we had a really great lesson with a less active this week. She was something that I had never met with I just called and she invited us over. As we were there she was telling us her story about why she can't come to church right now. She has a pretty demanding job, jobs are very hard to find here in Gävle and often times are they very time consuming. However, she told us this amazing mercy that she received this last week that really strengthened my testimony. She has been looking for a new job and just out of the blue, she got a call from a hospital that offered a job that would allow her to come to church on Sunday. She was sure it was answer to her many prayers! She starts in the middle of August and is greatly looking forward to being able to come to church again. In the meantime we are going to be coming through the week to give her and her family the gospel. She was so great and her faith was amazing to me. I am so happy to be able to be apart of this work. It is going fast and I am just running my fastest to keep up. I am so thankful for it all though!

I have not met the new Mission President, like have a interview with him or anything but I think we will be doing that soon. It should be great! He is so good and from the interactions that I have had with him, he seems like the wonderful guy and I am very excited to meet him and work with him! We have a great week ahead of us! 

An absolute amazing lunch a member took us too! 


I just had to.

I am excited and I am thankful for all of the prayers that being offered in my behalf. I love you all so much! 


Äldste Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment