Monday, February 2, 2015

SO MUCH SNOW. (1/26/15)

This week has been a great week. I really am enjoying my time with Elder Gray. He is a great guy and a really good missionary! We really have a great time together and basically in it's own way every single day. It is awesome. 

Snowballs!
We have had a ton of great experiences this week, one to start with was Zone Training. It was so awesome. It was all about planning and how we can become better missionaries through that. The spirit was really strong and I just loved it. The coolest part? We saw Meet the Mormons!  That is like a great movie, I understand that I am a missionary and I am surely amused by everything but I actually really thought they did a great job with it. I definitely give it two thumbs up and my personal recommendation. 

Right after Training we started splits with our District leader, I went to his area with his companion Elder Svensson. It was a lot of fun and really cool. Elder Svensson is a Swede, so we spoke Swedish the entire time. It was pretty fun I would say. He is a really good guy and it was a good day. 

The work in Hägersten is just moving forward so fast! It is awesome. We meeting with a ton of amazing people. On top of all that, we are getting SO MUCH SNOW. Which basically just makes any activity fun. We went and got Fika with Michelle, we ate some giant Muffins and then had to walk to a Subway. However, Due to the snow.  We had a huge snowball fight on the way there. It was so much fun! Gotta make the best of living in a Winter wasteland! 
Mini Snow ball fight with Michelle.



Speaking of snowballs, I am like the worst in the entire world. I will try to send the video to you guys. We will see. But I have like terrible aim. So a Snowball fight with me is like just getting hit and talking smack the whole time. The Snow is a blessing though! Makes the darker days a little brighter and I am super happy about that. I was about to go insane!

Climbing a tree


We have been sharing this really cool message with the members here this week and I really have loved it! It is the store about Jonah and the Whale. It teaches us so much about the character of the Lord and how much he believes in second changes and becoming a new person through repentance! We have these Spanish members in the ward and we went to their house and her husband has a hard time speaking English or Swedish so we did the message in Spanish! They taught me and my companion how to read in Spanish and we read the bible to them in Spanish. Now don't get my wrong here, I have no idea what I was saying. And I can't speak it at all, but it was cool. 

We are pushing through and moving forward! I got a quote sent to me that I really love, so this is the quote of the week:

 "Being Humble means recognizing we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others." 

That couldn't be more true. It was awesome to get that and just such a great reminder for me what my purpose as a mission is and also what my purpose as a human is. We are truly here on the earth to be the hands of the Lord! 

Thank you for all of your love and support for me. You guys are the greatest. I love and miss you! 

Some trees...
Have a great week!

Pictures of the Winter Wonderland!

Äldste Farnworth
Mid-Tracting Snow pictures


Snow makes the winter so much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment